With dimensions of only 9x9x1.8mm it can be used in applications, where every
piece of space is precious. It offers all functions which can be expected from a
modern GPS module: tracking sensitivity -160dBm and -163dBm using external LNA,
48 channels, 80dB-Hz removing of in band jammers, UART/ SPI/ I2C interface. To a
short time to first fix contributes also a possibility of self-assisted GPS by
CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris), which can store data to an external
EEPROM helping to a quick fix – within 10 sec. L30 supports this assisted-GPS
function without the necessity of data download from server since it captures
ephemeris data from satellites locally and predicts ephemeris out to 3 days.
Function PTF (Push To Fix) enables almost immediate hot start - within 1 sec
in applications which require infrequent position reporting, but on demand are
data available almost immediately, at average consumption 50-500 uA. In this PTF
mode, module wakes up regularly in a predefined interval (10-7200sec) to update
a position and then stays back in a hibernation mode. To significantly reduce
power consumption, at strong signal conditions you can use ATP mode (Advanced
Trickle Power). At this mode, module cycles three states internally - switches
on main parts of module only for a short time necessary to update position and
in the rest of a cycle the module is in a hibernation mode. This cycle is
configurable to 1-10 sec.
For development support, Quectel offers a
development kit L30EVB with a baseboard, documentation and PC software.
Features / Advantages:
- -160 dBm tracking sensitivity, -163dBm with an external LNA, contains SAW filter
- integrated LNA, possibility to directly connect a passive or active antenna
- high interference resistance, removes in band jammers up to 80dB-Hz
- hot start within 1 sec, at an average consumption only 50-500 uA
- self assisted GPS (CGEE) with a 3 day prediction and a start within 10 resp. 25 sec
- cold start within 35 sec
- adaptive power management – 10mW for 1Hz output
- NMEA 0183 protocol V3.01 and a backward compliance
- power supply 1.8V, temperature range -40 to 85 °C
datasheet Quectel L30 you can find a detailed description of module. Contact: SOS electronic s.r.o.