TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) introduces the world’s first MIPI Standard SoundWire® microphone for mobile, IoT and other consumer devices. This multimode microphone pushes the boundaries of digital microphone acoustic performance while providing advanced feature sets with very low power.
- T5808 is a 66 dB SNR/135dB AOP digital microphone in a 3.5 x 2.65 x 0.98 mm package
- Supports up to seven individually configurable microphones on a single audio bus
- SoundWire 1.1 compliant based on Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Alliance open standards
The T5808 SoundWire microphone features 66 dBA SNR and 135dB SPL AOP at 650 µA in high quality mode (HQM), and decreases power consumption to 215µA in low power mode (LPM). The T5808 microphone also features concurrent mode (CCM), enabling simultaneous audio streams from HQM and LPM that can seamlessly transition back and forth without audio glitches.
The SoundWire Standards Committee, who created the MIPI standard for SoundWire, includes technology leaders in application processors, audio DSPs and codecs, and other ICs. SoundWire is a standard audio bus that supports multiple audio devices including microphones, speakers, codecs and class D amplifiers. SoundWire revolutionizes how audio devices and ICs communicate by integrating audio and control data for up to 11 devices (e.g. 7mics, 4 speakers) on a single bus.
“As a member of the SoundWire Standards Committee, Qualcomm Technologies has supported the SoundWire interface on speaker amplifier producs for a number of years. We are excited to see TDK’s microphone technology now incorporating this interface,” says Rahul Shinkre, Director, Product Management at Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
TDK will be demonstrating the T5808 microphone along with the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of passive components, sensors, power supplies and batteries in its booth #11448 at CES, Central Hall (LVCC), Las Vegas Convention Center, January 7-10, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. T5808 is currently in mass production and will be available through distribution in Q1 2020. For samples and additional information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.invensense.tdk.com/products/digital/t5808/
- HQM: High Quality Mode
- LPM: Low Power Mode
- CCM: Concurrent Mode
- AOP: Acoustic Overload Point
- Microphone Arrays
- Bluetooth Headsets
- Notebook PCs
- Security and Surveillance
- 5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm surface‐mount package
- Low power: 215 µA in Low‐Power Mode
- Extended frequency response from 40 Hz to >20 kHz
- Sleep Mode: 10 µA
- High power supply rejection (PSR): −91 dB FS
- Fourth‐order Σ‐Δ modulator
- Digital pulse density modulation (PDM) output
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb‐free solder processes
- RoHS/WEEE compliant
|Packaging Dimensions (mm)
||3.50 × 2.65 × 0.98
|Acoutsic Overload Point dB SPL
|Low Power Mode µA
|Low Frequency Corner Hz