TDK announces new 3-axis accelerometer, finalizing transition of SmartAutomotive™ non-safety product family to 105°C
- New: 3-axis MotionTracking™ accelerometer for non-safety automotive applications
- Automotive qualified up to 105°C based on AEC-Q100 grade 2
- Includes two independent interrupt lines and extended FIFO for reduced power consumption
- Pin-to-pin and register compatible across TDK’s full line of inertial sensors
TDK Corporation announced the InvenSense SmartAutomotive™ IAM-20381HT high-temperature monolithic 3-axis MotionTracking accelerometer for non-safety automotive applications, such as navigation, infotainment systems, telematics, and more. The launch represents a full transition of the InvenSense SmartAutomotive non-safety product line to 105°C.
The IAM-20381HT is part of a fully-compatible, multi-axis, multi-grade portfolio of SmartAutomotive products. With this release, TDK confirms its leadership in driving the inertial sensors market for both safety and non-safety automotive applications. The IAM-20381HT will be available at distributors worldwide by February 1, 2024.
“With this launch, TDK completes the transition from temperature grade 3 to grade 2 of the entire SmartAutomotive non-safety product line,” said Alberto Marinoni, Senior Director Product Marketing Automotive at InvenSense, a TDK Group company. “Now TDK provides a complete lineup of pin-to-pin and register-compatible inertial sensors for automotive while ensuring scalability of customer applications up to 105°C.”
The new stand-alone 3-axis MEMS accelerometer is offered in a thin 3 x 3 x 0.75 mm (16-pin LGA) package and is automotive-qualified based on AEC-Q100 Grade 2. The IAM-20381HT also features two programmable independent interrupt lines, wake-on-motion functionality, and a FIFO up to 4096-bytes, which can lower the traffic on the serial bus interface and reduce power consumption by allowing the system processor to burst-read sensor data and then go into a low-power mode. Such features enable a variety of motion-activated functions such as anti-theft, vehicle security, and driving style data recording.
TDK will demonstrate this and other technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) from January 9-12, 2024, in Las Vegas. Find TDK in the CES Central Hall (LVCC) at booth #20521.
For additional information and collateral, please visit invensense.tdk.com/smartautomotive or contact InvenSense Sales at email@example.com.
- IMU: Inertial Measurement Unit
- 6-axis: 3-axis Gyroscope + 3-axis Accelerometer
- 3-axis: 3-axis Gyroscope or 3-axis Accelerometer
- MEMS: Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems
- DK: Developer kit
- EV: Evaluation board
- LGA: Land Grid Array
- FIFO: First in First out
Main features and benefits
- Lift Gate Motion Detection
- Tilt Measurement
- Infotainment and Navigation Systems
- Car Alarm
- Insurance Vehicle Tracking
- Drive Style Recording
- Automotive-qualified based on AEC Q100 Grade 2 qualification test methods
- Thin 3 x 3 x 0.75 mm (16-pin LGA) package
- 16-bit digital-output accelerometer
- Accelerometer: X-, Y-, and Z-axes acceleration sensors with a user-programmable full-scale range up to ±16 g
- User-programmable digital filters for accelerometer and temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test
- Two embedded configurable interrupt lines
- Wake-on-motion functional
- Final test over temperature
- Pin-to-pin and register-compatible across with IAM-20680HT, IAM-20680HP, IAM-20380HT, IAM-20381
- EV_IAM-20381HT evaluation board compatible with DK-Universal-I